Do you know that certain things you do when your wife is pregnant actually contributes to state of health of the mother and unborn child?
Listen, it bothers me a lot when I see men showing no concern to their pregnant wife or fail to adjust to some temporary changes!!! It’s just 9 months, not like it is forever. Pregnancy is not something we buy in the market, neither is it a software downloaded from the internet. It’s a seed planted by us men and germinates. There must be a carrier of that seed while it grows, and women have been given the responsibility to carry it.
Pregnancy is preparation to welcome a new member into the family. Pregnancy is a journey, fun filled, amazing and etc.
Women differ in body changes. Although Pregnancy makes women do certain things in common.
■Once in a while she would nag.
■Once in a while she would request for things unimaginable e.g she wants to eat Okro soup and bread
■Once in a while she would get so lazy to make you your meals.
■Once in a while she would want to stretch her legs on your laps. Please allow, because carrying the baby isn’t easy. Her needs may be unusual at times. The first Trimester of the journey can be so annoying. Like I say women differ from each other during pregnancy.
While most women are busy vomiting, most of them sleep like water leaf, they sleep off anywhere with the slightest chance even in the kitchen.
While most women catch fever, others will be looking cranky and dry like Dustin powder.
While most women put on weight, others appear like burnt offerings.
Some even go round with White handkerchief spitting in it. Please tolerate this, it’s beautiful afterwards.
Her attitude becomes annoying, most times you can’t stand her. But I get pissed when I see men like me neglect their pregnant wife. She’s not an abomination, neither is she a curse. I must say, it’s not an easy journey at all.
The last Trimester is when we need to be extra patient, loving, enduring and understanding.
1) Always observe your wife’s feet while pregnant, it swells often. Please give her a basin of water to soak her leg once in a while, it’s one of the best treat women enjoy during pregnancy.
2) Ask her regularly how she feels and how the baby is. She’s the carrier so she feels the move.
3) Tell her how beautiful she looks during pregnancy e.g. “Honey see as the pregnancy make you fine, I will be impregnating you every month ooo” or even “is it my child that makes you fresh like this pass normal” Even if she has grown bigger in size cause of the pregnancy, celebrate her.
4) Don’t be upset if she ever wakes you up at 2:00am to help massage her feet. We need to feel little of her discomfort and pain. She shouldn’t carry it alone, it’s our baby and we need to carry it together.
5) Don’t stop sex during pregnancy, it’s even the best time to do it. It’s not like the vagina stopped working during pregnancy. Continue the work that brought the pregnancy.
6) Don’t be ashamed to take her out. Take her out once in a while to those lovie lovie places you used to go together, she would love to go over and over again.
Carrying a child for 9 months isn’t easy. I urge all men to get closer to their spouses during pregnancy because that’s one of the times she needs you most.
Leave a reply and share this article.